“Life is like a storybook, intricately woven with many twists and turns. However, unlike a storybook it is more complex, more unpredictable. In a storybook, you get to know all the characters and you know how the story ends. Life is unpredictable about who you will encounter, and you cannot guarantee how your story will end. The key is to live a life that others can emulate. When you are gone from this earth let it be said that this person came, lived, showed love and made a difference.”
Be thankful for today and for your blessings. Don’t wait for tomorrow to enjoy life, because tomorrow is not promised. All we are sure of is today. Make the most of it.
Hooray, you made it through another week. Happy Saturday everyone. Have a fantastic Memorial Day Weekend.
I am Sorry
Sorry is a word people often find difficult to say. And yet, saying those two words can avoid an argument, and even prevent discord among friends. I have seen friendships break up because of people’s refusal to say I’m sorry when they are wrong. We should never let our pride get in the way. Let us practice to say I’m sorry when we are wrong.
The Art of Writing
Few people make it big on the first published book. In fact many popular Authors today had a series of rejections before they got a chance to have their work published. Today’s Author have the advantage of self-publishing but it doesn’t make it any easier to make that best seller’s list.
Writing is an art that requires practice. Do not publish a book and think yea, I have made it, for you have only just begun the journey. Publishing is one thing but getting your book in front of readers is a painstaking task. The Authors that make it are the ones who know writing takes hard work, dedication and discipline. You will not get famous overnight, but with time you can make your mark as an Author.
Reading has Benefits
When was the last time you read a book? If you can’t remember, you are not alone. Many people have such busy schedules, they don’t have time to read. However you should make time. Reading has its benefits. I will list five reasons for you to take up a book.
- Reading provides mental stimulation. Reading keeps your brain active and engaged. It improves brain function, which is important. Remember that old saying; “Use it, or lose it.”
- Reading helps you to gain knowledge. In fact it is one of the best way for you to gain information on topics you are unfamiliar with, and may find useful. You could say, the more you read, the more you know.
- Stress Reduction. Reading is relaxing and may help to reduce stress. When you become engrossed in a good book you may find that you are able to shut out everything else. You will find as your mind relaxes, your stress decreases.
- Increase Your Vocabulary. What better way to increase your vocabulary than to read a book? As you read you may come upon words that send you to the dictionary. When you come upon that word again, you will know what it means.
- Improves your ability to concentrate. Reading demands concentration. If you practice reading on a regular basis it may improve your ability to concentrate. With all the distractions around us, the ability to concentrate is important.
So there you have it. Reading is good for for you! Have I convinced you to start a reading challenge?
Dreams Can Come True
If you have a dream, something close to your heart, a lifelong goal you wish to accomplish, do not let fear hold you back. Fear has kept many people from pursuing their dreams. For the lack of courage many have settled for a mediocre life because the fear of failure have held them hostage. Do not allow that to happen to you. This is your moment. Take a chance on you. Don’t live the rest of your life wondering, what if?
Self Publishing is the new Trend
More and more Authors are taking the plunge into the world of self publishing. Many feel if they wait to publish traditionally, they might never get published. Some people are of the view that a self publish Author can never meet up to the standard of a traditionally published one. This is not true. There are good writers in both sectors.
Hate is destroying the world and tearing families apart. Hate has cause many families unnecessary grief. No good can come of hate. What the world need is love and tolerance. We must find a way to live together as one.
What do you snack on when you write? For me it’s peanuts or mixed nuts that include almonds and cashew. I just love snacking on them. Unlike many Authors I am not a coffee drinker. The desire to write keeps me awake.