- Accept yourself for who you are and love yourself. You must learn to look in the mirror and love what you see, the image of who you are. Loving yourself is the first step towards happiness.
- Make peace with your past. Forgive those who need to be forgiven. Cut ties with those who cares nothing about your happiness. Surround yourself with positive, uplifting people who motivate and inspire you.
- Do not harbor bitterness or resentment in your heart towards anyone because in the end it will stifle your inner growth and peace of mind.
- Be kind to yourself. Pamper yourself every once in a while. Do something that makes you happy and make it all about you, you deserve it.
- Learn to say no. Remember that you are not here to save the world, so do not take on more than you can handle because you might not want to displease someone. You are never going to be able to please everyone or be everything for everyone. You must be able to say no and feel no guilt about doing so
REASONS NOT TO RETURN AN ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP
- Remember that it was the abusive behavior of your partner which caused you to leave in the first place. You were not happy in the relationship.
- He will continue to abuse you even if he promises you that he will never hit you again. The abuse will continue and it could get worse.
- Abusers seldom stop their abusive behavior unless they get some form of counseling or therapy. Don’t go back and expect him to change because he says he has changed. As soon as he gets comfortable with you being back he will start abusing you again.
- Abusers like to instill fear in their victims. He will try to make you so fearful of him that you are less likely to leave him.
- He may become more possessive and controlling and try t isolated you from your family and friends. He might start keeping tabs on you, watching you more closely for any sign that you might try to leave again.
- He will do everything within his power to make it impossible for you to leave again. He might even threaten to take your life.
- The most serious of all the reasons is that he may follow through on his threats. You may never get the chance to escape a second time with your life. Some abusers are prepared to take the lives of their victims and then their own. Don’t let this happen to you.
Once you get the chance to leave the relationship never return to an abusive partner no matter how persuasive he may be.
Relationships take hard work, and in spite of your best efforts, it might not work out. Sometimes people grow apart or they take each other for granted and stop nurturing the relationship.
Not every couple like to admit to themselves or want to let others know that they cannot make it work, so they stay together even when they are both miserable.
There is no point in holding on if you are not happy. There is nothing you can gain from staying stuck in unhappiness. Sometimes when you have given it your best shot, and it is not working out, you have to let go. Walk away. It is better to be alone than to stay stuck in an unhappy relationship.
In your quest for success, you may encounter failure. Do not allow it to deter you. Keep trying. You will get there!
Shift Your Focus
If you are intent on achieving success, do not focus on the ones who tried and fail. Instead try to learn from the ones who have already achieved success.
I honestly thought we would have been over COVID-19 by now. But here we are in August and the virus is still with us. It continues to spread in many parts of the country. It is time for common sense to prevail and everyone do their part to stop the spread. The last thing we need is to have it around when the flu season starts.
Cover Photo and Synopsis
Hi everyone. Here is a synopsis of my current work in progress
Darlene Wellington is devastated by the discovery that her husband Charles is having an affair with his secretary. Darlene is comforted by Pete, a stranger she meets at a club. He is a life savor at a time when she needs a shoulder to lean on. Pete makes it clear that he wants more than just friendship. However, a decision does not come easy. Will Darlene forgive Charles and try to save their marriage? And can things ever go back to where it used to be when trust is broken?
Tell me what you think of the cover.
No matter how dark the night is, morning will come. Grey skies don’t last forever; when the clouds disappear the sun will shine. No matter how trying your situation is, there is hope, it will get better.”
Our new reality is simply to try and survive without giving way to stress and depression.
Learning to Cope
We are living in uncertain time and sometimes it can get stressful. it is best not to obsess over things you have little control over. Take a walk in the park; clear your head. Enjoy the sight and scenes of nature. Watch the birds in the trees; admire the flowers. Breathe in deep and exhale. There are still beautiful things to enjoy!