- Accept yourself for who you are and love yourself. You must learn to look in the mirror and love what you see, the image of who you are. Loving yourself is the first step towards happiness.
- Make peace with your past. Forgive those who need to be forgiven. Cut ties with those who cares nothing about your happiness. Surround yourself with positive, uplifting people who motivate and inspire you.
- Do not harbor bitterness or resentment in your heart towards anyone because in the end it will stifle your inner growth and peace of mind.
- Be kind to yourself. Pamper yourself every once in a while. Do something that makes you happy and make it all about you, you deserve it.
- Learn to say no. Remember that you are not here to save the world, so do not take on more than you can handle because you might not want to displease someone. You are never going to be able to please everyone or be everything for everyone. You must be able to say no and feel no guilt about doing so
Maintain a positive attitude even when things are not going your way. Perseverance is often necessary when pursuing your dreams. Avoid dream killers, those who tell you that you can’t, it’s not feasible, it’s not realistic, when they have never even tried it. Never take advice from those who have already given up without trying because they are among the first to shoot your dream down. You may have heard this before and it’s true, the first step towards success is having confidence in yourself. You have to believe in YOU.
It won’t always be easy
Some days you may feel
like giving up. But never
let go of that dream in
your heart that one day
your hard work will pay off.
Others have done it and
so can you. Start believing it
and your dreams will come true.
“Be careful what you set your heart upon or you will surely have it.” I have found that there is some truth to this quote. You can apply it to your life as a tool of empowerment. Think about what you want to achieve in life. What is your greatest desire. What it it that you yearn for? Set your heart upon that think or things. Never lose focus on those things you desire the most and you will see a manifestation of them in your life.
Don’t spend your time focusing on negative situations. You will make mistakes in life but the smart thing is to learn from them. Do not allow your mistakes to lead you down the path of self-doubt. The journey to success can be a long and arduous one. Have faith, confidence in yourself and the determination to succeed.
Don’t ever believe that you are inferior to others. Take pride in yourself and the person you are. There is a plan and a purpose for your life. Have confidence in yourself and use the potential inside you to strive for success.
Don’t Start Your day With Negative Thoughts
The manner in which you begin your day often sets the tone for your entire day. It is therefore important that when you leave home you adapt a positive attitude. If you leave home feeling grumpy, miserable and have negative thoughts, you attract negative energy that could ruin your entire day. Despite how you may feel at the start of your day take a different approach. Be positive. Tell yourself no matter what happens today I will be in control. I will have a positive day. Things will go right. Today is going to be a wonderful day. Start with that positive energy and you will attract more positive energy. Try it and see!
The Empowered Woman
Every woman has the ability to experience personal growth and development. This first step begins with you adopting a positive attitude towards life. You must have a fervent desire to rise above any problem or circumstances that may be holding you back.
Be aware of your environment and social connections. If your circle of friends are negative, unproductive people who add nothing to your growth, you need to change them. Set achievable goals for your life and devise a plan on how you are going to reach those goals. Make a chart of the things you hope to achieve and set a time frame.
Push yourself to achieve your daily or weekly goals. Be in touch with your spiritual side. It is always a good thing to believe in a higher power to sustain you and lift you up. Find something that motivates you and give you hope. Knowledge is very important so read widely on topics that interest you. Read to increase your intelligence or simply for recreation. You will be surprised at how much you can learn from making a habit of reading. Above all as you go through each day have a strong belief in self and your ability to be successful.