Which Should You Choose
Many new writers are often unclear on how to go about publishing their books. Getting Traditional publishers to take them seriously is an arduous process, which often end up in rejection letters. Some chose to go the self-publishing route; some get published by vanity publishers.
So, what you might ask is the difference between Self-Publishing and Vanity-Publishing?
In self-publish you have full control of your work. You are responsible for doing everything yourself. It is up to you to ensure your book is properly edited and you have a good cover that will catch the eyes of readers. You know all the cost involved and you know how your money is spent.
Vanity publishers can be tricky. They will give you a glowing review about your book, shower you with praise and give you false hope about making you a best seller. All this however comes at a price. The problem is once you pay up front, there is no guarantee you will make your money back. Vanity publishers are not interested in promoting or selling your book. They have already gotten paid so the rest is up to you.
Another thing I must make clear. If you decide to go the self-publish route you do not need to pay someone to do so for you. Uploading your manuscript to Amazon or other publishing website is quite easy. Instead invest your money in a good editor who will help to shape your work.
Hey guys how many of you have thought of doing meditation to relieve stress. How many of you take a few moments out of your day to relax and unwind. Yes, I know we all live busy lives and sometimes we just can’t find the time. However taking just ten minutes out of each day to meditate and reflect is achievable. You just have to start.
So if you want to embark on a new journey, I have the right book for you. Browse through the pages of this easy to use devotional journal. Reflect on your life, write down your thoughts. Take a few minutes each day for you. You are worth it!
Take a peek at the free preview!
Reading has Benefits
When was the last time you read a book? If you can’t remember, you are not alone. Many people have such busy schedules, they don’t have time to read. However you should make time. Reading has its benefits. I will list five reasons for you to take up a book.
- Reading provides mental stimulation. Reading keeps your brain active and engaged. It improves brain function, which is important. Remember that old saying; “Use it, or lose it.”
- Reading helps you to gain knowledge. In fact it is one of the best way for you to gain information on topics you are unfamiliar with, and may find useful. You could say, the more you read, the more you know.
- Stress Reduction. Reading is relaxing and may help to reduce stress. When you become engrossed in a good book you may find that you are able to shut out everything else. You will find as your mind relaxes, your stress decreases.
- Increase Your Vocabulary. What better way to increase your vocabulary than to read a book? As you read you may come upon words that send you to the dictionary. When you come upon that word again, you will know what it means.
- Improves your ability to concentrate. Reading demands concentration. If you practice reading on a regular basis it may improve your ability to concentrate. With all the distractions around us, the ability to concentrate is important.
So there you have it. Reading is good for for you! Have I convinced you to start a reading challenge?
Self Publishing is the new Trend
More and more Authors are taking the plunge into the world of self publishing. Many feel if they wait to publish traditionally, they might never get published. Some people are of the view that a self publish Author can never meet up to the standard of a traditionally published one. This is not true. There are good writers in both sectors.
Writing takes discipline. With all the distractions you have to stay focused. Setting a goal of a daily word count can help you to finish your project on time. Good luck and happy writing.
A reader lies a thousand lives before he dies.
The man who never reads lives only once.
Natalie Weston has had her share of heartbreak. Will she find love the second time around? Browse this and more books by Marva Seaton on Amazon.
Words and Meanings
Today’s word: CURMUDGEON
MEANING: A bad-tempered person, especially an old one
SYNONYMS: sourpuss, sorehead, grouchy, irritable