Relationships take hard work, and in spite of your best efforts, it might not work out. Sometimes people grow apart or they take each other for granted and stop nurturing the relationship.
Not every couple like to admit to themselves or want to let others know that they cannot make it work, so they stay together even when they are both miserable.
There is no point in holding on if you are not happy. There is nothing you can gain from staying stuck in unhappiness. Sometimes when you have given it your best shot, and it is not working out, you have to let go. Walk away. It is better to be alone than to stay stuck in an unhappy relationship.
How do I know he is the one?
Like most things in life, nothing is guaranteed in a relationship. It may turn out the way you expect it to, or it might not. The important thing is to get to know the person you are dating. You may find little clues that will tell you if he is a keeper.
- Is he kind, considerate and cares about your happiness as much as he does about his? If he does, he could be the one.
- If he treats you with respect, makes you feel special, listens when you talk and make you feel what you have to say is important, he could be the one.
- If he makes the effort to spend quality time with you, talks about his dreams and aspirations and a future that includes you, he could be the one
- If he not only tells you, but shows you that he loves you and how much you mean to him, he could be the one.
- If he has all of the above qualities, you probably have a winner on your hand. Hold on to him.