Reading has Benefits
When was the last time you read a book? If you can’t remember, you are not alone. Many people have such busy schedules, they don’t have time to read. However you should make time. Reading has its benefits. I will list five reasons for you to take up a book.
- Reading provides mental stimulation. Reading keeps your brain active and engaged. It improves brain function, which is important. Remember that old saying; “Use it, or lose it.”
- Reading helps you to gain knowledge. In fact it is one of the best way for you to gain information on topics you are unfamiliar with, and may find useful. You could say, the more you read, the more you know.
- Stress Reduction. Reading is relaxing and may help to reduce stress. When you become engrossed in a good book you may find that you are able to shut out everything else. You will find as your mind relaxes, your stress decreases.
- Increase Your Vocabulary. What better way to increase your vocabulary than to read a book? As you read you may come upon words that send you to the dictionary. When you come upon that word again, you will know what it means.
- Improves your ability to concentrate. Reading demands concentration. If you practice reading on a regular basis it may improve your ability to concentrate. With all the distractions around us, the ability to concentrate is important.
So there you have it. Reading is good for for you! Have I convinced you to start a reading challenge?