Home » Stop Abuse of Women » 5 Year-old Raped and Tortured in India

5 Year-old Raped and Tortured in India

Join 3,228 other followers

Instagram

Last December the people of India were shocked and outraged when a young woman was brutally raped and tortured.  She later died as a result of her injuries.  Now only a few months later another brutal rape and tortured has shocked the nation once more.  This time the victim is only five years old.
The little girl was moved from a local hospital to Swami Dayanand Hospital in New Delhi on Friday.  She is reported to be alert and stable.  According to doctors she was being given intravenous antibiotics to fight a blood infection and further operations will have to wait until the infection clears up.  “This is the first time I have seen such barbarism”, R. K. Bansal medical superintendent of the hospital said Friday in a televised interview.  “There were injuries to her lips, cheek, arms and anus area.  Her neck had bruise marks suggesting that attempts were made to strangle her.”  He said a bottle almost eight inches long and pieces of candle had been inserted into her private parts.
The five year old went missing on April 15 and was found two days later by neighbors who heard her crying in a locked room in the same New Delhi building where she lives with her family.  She was found alone having left for dead by her attackers.  Anger at the authorities grew after the parents of the girl said the police had failed to take their complaint seriously, failed to carry out an adequate search and then offered them  2000 rupees – about $37 – if they would keep quiet about the case.  On Friday a Television News Channel showed a police officer slapping a female protester in the face.
The police arrested a 22 year-old garment worker early Saturday morning in Bihar.  The suspect had an apartment in the same building as the girl.  He is accused of abducting, raping and torturing her.  The Times of India reported that he told the police he fled the apartment because he believe the girl had died.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh expressed regrets about the incident.  On Saturday the president of The Indian National Congress Party, Sonia Gandhi released a statement saying “Action and not words are required to ensure that such incident never happens again”.  A second suspect was arrested on Monday.
Advertisements

13 Comments

1. willowdot21 says:

I cannot print my thoughts on this here!

2. Amy says:

unable to click the Like…

3. I clicked the like button not because I liked what I read. But to like the fact that you posted this. The story is so shocking. I just don’t have adequate words to describe how I feel. Thank you for sharing, Marva

• marvaseaton says:

Thanks for commenting Celestine. This story is indeed shocking. No child should ever have to endure such a horrifying experience. It is just sickening and it serves to highlight the fact that is so rampant not even the little babies are safe. It is really sad!

4. This is so sad and so sick! Thank you for spreading the truth so we can all be vigilant in protecting the vulnerable.

Blessings ~ Wendy

5. Hej from Sweden !
    I clicked the like but what the hell is there to like about this? Please excuse my language. This is such an awful thing that has happened. I wonder what is happening with the male gender around the world. A woman’s body was not meant for such brutality. There is rape being used as part of civil wars, a not unknown practice in the history of our world. Somehow this rampage of rape seems sicker than ever. A baby, a child….. oh my heart hurts. There is anger and confusion in my head. But there is so much sadness in my heart, yet I can’t cry. I felt like I was emitting a silent scream as i read this post.
    I know what the ” like” is supposed to mean, but I don’t like what I have read. I know this needs to be exposed and action needs to be taken; at least awareness.

This child should have been protected. Why wasn’t she? She was only 5 for God’s sake!!!

• marvaseaton says:

There are so many children being abused it is really appalling. In many instances the laws are not properly enforced to protect these children!

• Hej from Sweden !
        This is why your posting is so important. People need to know this is happening and of course the laws protecting children in many countries such as India, are just non-existent. There has to be change and laws protecting children need to be made and enforced.
        Some cultures need to realize that children and women are NOT dispensable. Women and children are the very future of our civilization, not to mention the future of countries that devalue them, such as India. There is just no excuse for this.
        Sorry , I am just passionate about this subject, violence against women and children.

• marvaseaton says:

I share your sentiments!

6. willowdot21 says:

This is beyond belief, how evil can humanity become.