EMPOWERING WOMEN

Thought for Today

Join 1,300 other followers

Instagram

Advertisements

9 Comments

1. granonine says:

Ok, Marva, I understand where you’re coming from here, and you and I do not agree about creating more gun control. Neither can you stop gun crime by removing guns from law-abiding citizens. The criminals will still find guns, and they will still use them in gun-free zones where they have no fear of retaliation. There has to be a better answer than no control or complete control.

• marvaseaton says:

So sorry about the late response to you comment. I am falling a bit behind. The problem I have is in many of the shootings you hear that the shooter has mental issues after the deed is done. A person with mental issues should not have access to a gun. There must be better screening of people buying guns.

Liked by 1 person

• granonine says:

I can’t argue with you there. I do believe that if the laws already on the books were being observed and enforced, we wouldnt need new laws that will serve to restrict law-abiding citizens while doing nothing to curb the criminals who don’t care who they sell guns to.

• marvaseaton says:

Many of the shooters in college and school shooting bought their guns legally. They were deemed law abiding citizens. Families have a part to play in all of this. They are often aware of the mental stability or lack of it of their loved ones.

Liked by 1 person

• granonine says:

Yes, again I will not argue the point.Sometimes, the shooters broke into gun cases and took the gun without the knowledge of their family. What is also interesting to me, and I’m sure you’ve heard these stats, is that 48 out of the last 50 mass shootings. were in gun-free zones. Also, Chicago has the tightest gun laws in the nation, and the highest gun violence/murder rate. States that have open carry laws have the lowest gun violence rates. Surely, there is some way to come to terms on all this without having to surrender all our guns to a government I, for one, absolutely do not trust. Througout history, when the people have been disarmed they have also been subjected to horrendous dictatorship and genocide.

• marvaseaton says:

I doubt very much the likelihood of any law that would ask law abiding citizens to surrender their guns. Preventing those who are not emotionally and mentally stable to own a gun would be more like it.

Liked by 1 person

• granonine says:

You have more faith in the present regime than I do. And if Hillary wins the White House, it will be more of the same only worse. There are too many on the far Left who believe no one needs to own a firearm.