Home » Thought For Today » Thought for Today

Join 3,191 other followers

Twitter Updates

Instagram

Advertisements

9 Comments

1. granonine says:

Ok, Marva, I understand where you’re coming from here, and you and I do not agree about creating more gun control. Neither can you stop gun crime by removing guns from law-abiding citizens. The criminals will still find guns, and they will still use them in gun-free zones where they have no fear of retaliation. There has to be a better answer than no control or complete control.

• marvaseaton says:

So sorry about the late response to you comment. I am falling a bit behind. The problem I have is in many of the shootings you hear that the shooter has mental issues after the deed is done. A person with mental issues should not have access to a gun. There must be better screening of people buying guns.

Liked by 1 person

• granonine says:

I can’t argue with you there. I do believe that if the laws already on the books were being observed and enforced, we wouldnt need new laws that will serve to restrict law-abiding citizens while doing nothing to curb the criminals who don’t care who they sell guns to.

• marvaseaton says:

Many of the shooters in college and school shooting bought their guns legally. They were deemed law abiding citizens. Families have a part to play in all of this. They are often aware of the mental stability or lack of it of their loved ones.

Liked by 1 person

• granonine says:

Yes, again I will not argue the point.Sometimes, the shooters broke into gun cases and took the gun without the knowledge of their family. What is also interesting to me, and I’m sure you’ve heard these stats, is that 48 out of the last 50 mass shootings. were in gun-free zones. Also, Chicago has the tightest gun laws in the nation, and the highest gun violence/murder rate. States that have open carry laws have the lowest gun violence rates. Surely, there is some way to come to terms on all this without having to surrender all our guns to a government I, for one, absolutely do not trust. Througout history, when the people have been disarmed they have also been subjected to horrendous dictatorship and genocide.

• marvaseaton says:

I doubt very much the likelihood of any law that would ask law abiding citizens to surrender their guns. Preventing those who are not emotionally and mentally stable to own a gun would be more like it.

Liked by 1 person

• granonine says:

You have more faith in the present regime than I do. And if Hillary wins the White House, it will be more of the same only worse. There are too many on the far Left who believe no one needs to own a firearm.

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Poetry Book

Ghosts of His Past

Follow MARVA SEATON BLOG on WordPress.com

Join 3,191 other followers

Blogs I Follow

Upcoming Events

No upcoming events

A Poet's Journey

Poet | Zen Disciple | Seattleite

PROSPERMIND

Poetry. Lyrics. Emotions.

Exposure of Self

Exploring the many facets of me

Words of Aqua

The world of words and ideas that can take shape of poems or articles or even stories, depending on the climatic conditions of Aqua.

News Notes 1

Analysis and Opinion on International Events and History

Brooding Dalliance

Welcome to my documented thoughts

The Kitty is Out of the Bag

My journey through life. Note: The pictures I use are just a canvas to write upon. If you are the artist of the picture, let me know and I'll credit the picture.

Fridayam's Blog

A site to bring together my poems. Love them or hate them, but please leave a comment.

Musings of PuppyDoc

Poetry & Medicine

Jill-Chan.com

Official website of the poet, fiction writer, and editor

Thoughts, Fictions, and Other Musings

A blog by Nicole Knudsen, Storyteller at Large

look around!

Love what you do! Do it well!

Rebeeks Writes

Tales of my sketchy literature

Bad Day Poetry

Poetry as a coping mechanism

The First Draft

"Write drunk; edit sober."

A Mind

Jack Bennett

ogginblog

Just another reason why my children are embarrassed by me.

Rich Proctor Photography

My World Through a Camera Lens

Sue Vincent's Daily Echo

Echoes of Life, Love and Laughter

RISE.

Photography & Prose

Poems in a Coffer

When reluctance gives in to the urge of expression....

Moopathi's Diary

Fries ergo sum

Wishing for art

Teacher, Thinker, Occasional Blogger, Supporter of the Oxford Comma

Writing&Stuff

Writing&Stuff is a collection of work written by a high school student who loves stepping inside the minds of others through writing.

%d bloggers like this: