Among Caribbean people there is a long tradition of practices and superstitions. Some people adamantly believe in them and will supply you with stories to prove their point. I am going to share with you some of these beliefs.
1. If you right palm itches you are going to receive money.
2. If your left eye jumps you are going to cry.
3. Whatever food a pregnant woman is craving at a given moment, she should be given it immediately,
otherwise the baby will have a birth mark on his/her body which will resemble the food.
4. If you put your handbag on the floor you will never have money.
5. It is bad luck to open an umbrella inside the house
6. If a pregnant woman climbs over a fence her child will be a thief.
7. If you let a child see his or her reflection before they’re two years old they won’t talk.
8. When a child bends over and looks at you from between their legs, it is said that they want another little brother or sister.
9. It’s not good to let the younger daughter marry first; because if there is an older sister not married, she might become a spinster.
10. If you break a mirror you will have seven years of bad luck.