Life doesn’t always introduce you to the people you want to meet. Sometimes life puts you in touch with the people you need to meet, to help you, to hurt you, to leave you, to love you, and to gradually strengthen you into the person you were meant to become.
7 REASONS NOT TO RETURN AN ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP
- Remember that it was the abusive behavior of your partner which caused you to leave in the first place. You were not happy in the relationship.
- He will continue to abuse you even if he promises you that he will never hit you again.
- Abusers seldom stop their abusive behavior unless they get some form of counseling or therapy so don’t go back and expect him to change simply because he says he has changed. As soon as he gets comfortable with you being back he will start abusing you again.
- Abusers like to instill fear in their victims so he will try to make you so fearful of him that you are less likely to leave him.
- He may become more possessive and controlling and try to make you more isolated from your family and friends. He might start keeping tabs on you, watching you more closely for any sign that you might try to leave again.
- He may do everything within his power to make it impossible for you to leave again. He might even threaten to take your life.
- The most serious of all the reasons is that he may follow through on his threats. You may never get the chance to escape a second time with your life. Some abusers are prepared to take your life and then theirs.
Once you get the chance to leave the relationship never return to an abusive partner no matter how persuasive he may be.
This week a story surfaced on face book about a young couple. The girlfriend who was apparently pregnant according to news stories killed herself in her dorm room. Her boyfriend who thought he was been unfairly blamed for her death killed himself a few days later.
I wished I could have told her that there is no problem in life that was worth taking her life. I wish I could have told her that she would get through it. I wish I could have told her its okay not to be perfect. I wish I could have told her to stay strong and not give up hope. I wish I could have told her that there was light ahead of the tunnel and with the help of God it would all work out right. There are so many things I wished I could have told her even though I didn’t know her. But now all I can say is “Rest In Peace.”
I Wished I could have told him that it wasn’t his fault. I wish I could have told him that somebody cared. I wish I could have told him that the pain in his heart would lessen with time. I wished I could have told him that the storm would pass and someday life would again have meaning. I watched his video with tears in my eyes and my heart ached to see the anguish he was in. There are so many things I wished I could have told him even though I didn’t know him. But now all I can say is Rest in Peace…..
Parents, love your children hold them, hug them and let them know that no matter what problems they face in life you will be there for them and you will help them get through it. It is a terrible thing for a parent to have to bury a child.
Dealing With Infidelity
Are you in a relationship where you feel as if you are giving one hundred percent and he is only giving fifty? That is probably because he is giving another woman that other fifty. Infidelity is one of the major cause of problems in relationships. There is a tendency for both of the sexes to cheat and when there is no trust in a relationship it is destined for failure.
As a woman how do you deal with the fact that your partner is cheating on you? Do you confront him, make him know you won’t stand for it, give him an ultimatum wherein he has to choose you or go out the door? Or are you so afraid you might lose him that you turn a blind eye, suffer silently and tell yourself that you would rather share him than lose him? The fact is if you are sharing him with someone else you are half-way on the road to losing him anyway. What is the point in prolonging your unhappiness?
You might be so afraid of losing him that you try to convince yourself that you can deal with it. But why lie to yourself? You lie awake at night wondering where he is, who he is with and what he is doing. You want to feel his arms about you but the space beside you is empty and you know in your heart that he is with someone else. You cry yourself to sleep knowing you have to let him go but not having the courage to do it.
Women often feel they need a man even when that man turns out to be a source of unhappiness. The truth is you don’t need someone in your life who is making you unhappy. You cannot rely on someone else to make you happy. You are the author and creator of your happiness. You cannot leave it in someone else’s hands!
If a man loves, respect and cares about his woman, chances are he will not cheat on her. If he does not love, care for and respect you then you need to let him go. There are times in life when you have to compromise but this is not one of those times. If he is cheating on you and refuses to stop you need to show him the door because you don’t need him anymore than he needs you. You certainly do not need to put yourself at risk for STD’s especially HIV and AIDS. If you man is playing around he is not just messing with your heart, he could be messing with your life as well.
In my next post I will tell you about one woman who compromised and paid for it with her life. Be wise, stay strong , love yourself and accept nothing less than you deserve! Take control of your relationship today!
A Happy and Blessed Easter Sunday to you all. Christ died on a cross for us and by His resurrection we have a chance at eternal life. The grave could not hold His body down.